The navigating the journey to cloud course prepares the participant to identify, describe, and position the HPE Helion cloud solution offerings, to evaluate high-level customer requirements and recommend the best solution, and to demonstrate the key benefits and functionality of the HPE Helion cloud technologies. Furthermore, this course provides the participant an insight in HPE’s idea economy strategy with an emphasis on Hybrid IT, based on cloud computing.
Why HPE Education Services?
•IDC MarketScape leader 4 years running for IT education and training*
•Recognized by IDC for leading with global coverage, unmatched technical expertise, and targeted education consulting services*
•Key partnerships with industry leaders OpenStack®, VMware®, Linux®, Microsoft®, ITIL, PMI, CSA, and (ISC)2
•Complete continuum of training delivery options—self-paced eLearning, custom education consulting, traditional classroom, video on-demand instruction, live virtual instructor-led with hands-on lab, dedicated onsite training
•Simplified purchase option with HPE Training Credits
Anyone who needs to learn how to describe, position, recommend, and demonstrate HPE Helion cloud solutions to meet a customer’s requirements.
The participant should have a foundational knowledge of the individual HPE components, including HPE servers, storage, networking, IT operations, software, security, and services.
For specific prerequisites and requirements to achieve any of the related certifications, see the certification description on the HPE Partner Ready Certification and Learning website.
After completing this course, you should be able to do the following:
•Provide valid arguments why customerswith traditional, siloed IT infrastructuresshould be moving toward a cloud
•Explain the fundamentals of cloudcomputing
•List and describe the different ways ofachieving infrastructure convergenceand moving toward a service-centric, cloud-enabled environment
•Explain how HPE can enable customerjourney to the four transformation areas
–Describe what HPE Helion is, where it fitsin the overall IT landscape, and what it cando for you
•Help a customer determine their place onthe journey to the cloud
•Recommend the right HPE ConvergedSystem or CloudSystem solution based on high-level customer requirements
•Explain HPE cloud maps and referencearchitectures
•Describe the cloud market landscape, explain how HPE Helion cloud computingsolutions achieve positive businessoutcomes, and highlight the strengths ofthese solutions
•Describe how incorporating infrastructuremanagement tools from HPE, namelyHPE OneView converged and HPE InsightControl server provisioning (ICsp) enablesagile IT operations
*Realize Technology Value with Training, IDC Infographic 2037, Sponsored by HPE, January 2016
Module 1: Transforming to an idea economy strategy
• Describe the new trend in IT by transforming to the idea economy strategy. HPE sees the customer’s journey to the idea economy strategy through four transformation areas. They can help IT transform into a value creator, helping contain costs by running their traditional IT efficiently, while creating the outcomes your customer wants for their business. The four transformation areas are discussed in this module.
Module 2: Creating on-demand IT infrastructure
• Describe the journey to hybrid infrastructure and on-demand IT and determine a customer’s place on this journey.
• Describe how a customer can move along this journey and build solutions:
– Using the piece-by-piece approach with Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) reference architectures.
– Using pre-built, pre-tested, and pre-integrated ConvergedSystem.
• List and explain sizer, selector, and configuration tools available from HPE.
• Explain the customer intent document and its purpose.
Module 3: Moving to cloud computing
• Make the argument for customers with traditional IT to move toward Converged Infrastructure, cloud, and on-demand IT.
• Describe the key benefits of private, public, and hybrid cloud deployment models.
• Explain how the Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Helion portfolio can benefit customers.
• Summarize the service and deployment models of Helion cloud services.
Module 4: OpenStack fundamentals
• Discuss why customers look for open-source and cloud solutions and explain how the OpenStack software can provide benefits.
• Provide an overview of OpenStack and its core technologies.
• Name specific features of OpenStack projects, components, and services.
• Describe the cloud storage types of OpenStack.
• Discuss how Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) contributes to OpenStack projects.
Module 5: A Closer look at infrastructure management
• Explain how Converged Infrastructure solutions can help customers enable agile IT operations.
• Describe the benefits of Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) OneView.
• List the latest advancements provided with HPE OneView 2.0.
Identify the benefits of:
• HPE OneView for Microsoft System Center.
• HPE OneView for VMware® vCenter™.
• HPE Insight Control server provisioning.